Why gulp? Why not __?
See the gulp introduction slideshow for a rundown on how gulp came to be.
Is it "gulp" or "Gulp"?
gulp is always lowercase. The only exception is in the gulp logo where gulp is capitalized.
Where can I find a list of gulp plugins?
gulp plugins always include the
gulpplugin keyword. Search gulp plugins or view all plugins.
I want to write a gulp plugin, how do I get started?
See the Writing a gulp plugin wiki page for guidelines and an example to get you started.
My plugin does __, is it doing too much?
Probably. Ask yourself:
- Is my plugin doing something that other plugins may need to do?
- If so, that piece of functionality should be a separate plugin. Check if it already exists on npm.
- Is my plugin doing two, completely different things based on a configuration option?
- If so, it may serve the community better to release it as two separate plugins
- If the two tasks are different, but very closely related, it's probably OK
How should newlines be represented in plugin output?
\n to prevent diff issues between operating systems.
Where can I get updates on gulp?
gulp updates can be found on the following twitters:
Does gulp have an IRC channel?
Yes, come chat with us in #gulpjs on Freenode.